We know some of the folks at Facebook must hate the JIDF for our political views, for exposing many of the problems on the platform, and for kvetching about all the backwards changes.
However, we'd be more than happy to focus more of our energy on other areas on the web if they just left our people alone, fully restored accounts they have tampered with, and respected our privacy.
Do Facebook members really think that Facebook cares about their privacy? The problem is, just as Facebook cannot control all of their 300 million members, they cannot control all their employees, either.
Who knows what the kids at Facebook are learning about you and what they can eventually do with that information down the line?
If someone with the proper access at Facebook doesn't like you for any reason, they can:
- Harass you by sending you constant warnings
- Give you no details whatsoever about said warnings
- Deactivate your account for no reason
- Tamper with your account by changing settings and removing content
- Remove content and friends from your profiles
- Remove members and threads from groups
- Remove groups altogether
- Monitor all your correspondence on Facebook
- Share any information about you among their own people at Facebook, or mere strangers who might pay a certain price for certain information, etc.
After all, today's disgruntled Facebook employee could be tomorrow's identity thief, or just someone who has the power to make your life miserable.