In two stories, (found here and here) FOX covered the issue of an "I Love Jews" Facebook group being changed to a group supporting Adolph Hitler. Here is a FOX broadcast about it, followed by our commentary:
FOX mentions the 1st Amendment, but does not explain that these issues have absolutely nothing to do with "free speech." It's a shame when the media and others propagate the myth that they do.
It's also a shame when organizations that don't have much to do with these issues are consulted about them. The SWC has done some amazing work, but we do not see them actively tackling the problems online.
Meanwhile, the JIDF has rallied thousands of activists to coordinate effort and report the many problems found on Facebook and elsewhere. Facebook rarely took the appropriate action until the media got involved, and it was only after the JIDF was successful in attracting international media attention that Facebook began to respond to our concerns directly and take the appropriate action.
Therefore, we are happy to see the media take more of an active interest in these issues, we just wish that the stories were up-to-date and that the media would consult those of us who have been the most active and effective on this particular front.
- Zuckerberg: No need for Facebook to be proactive on antisemitism
- JIDF ACTION ALERT: 100 New Antisemitic/Pro-Jihadist Facebook Groups
- 40 New Hate/Terrorist Groups on Facebook Which the JIDF Reported *UPDATE*
- Top 20 Newest and Most Active Terrorist and Antisemitic Groups on Facebook
- JIDF Guide to Facebook Groups
- Regarding material on Facebook
- Mujahideen Groups on Facebook
- Hezbollah: Swapping MP3's on Facebook
- Small Sampling of This Week's Terrorist Activity on Facebook
- JIDF Pride
- Thousands Use Facebook to Celebrate Terrorist Attack Today
- Facebook Endorses Hamas?
- A Terrorist Group Planning and Calling for the Bombing of Egyptian Border (on Facebook!)
- Oboler: The Rise and Fall of a Facebook Hate Group
- JIDF Letter to Facebook Regarding Illegal Content